On Sunday, August 28, 2022 the congregation of Trinity, Vale celebrated their 200th Anniversary as a community of faith! It was an exciting day that began with worship and concluded with a meal together. Several NC Synod pastors (pictured above, from left to right) joined the celebration:
- The Rev. Robert A Sain, son of the congregation, is retired but is serving in interim ministry a short distance away at Cedar Grove Lutheran Church, Vale.
- The Rev. Dr. James “Jim” Haney, son of the congregation and church historian, is enjoying retirement residing in and traveling often from Marion, NC.
- The Rev. Tommy Lineberger, the current pastor, has served Trinity since March 16, 2016.
- The Rev. Al Mullen, former pastor of Trinity during the 1970s, is now a member in retirement.
- The Rev. Dr. Tim Smith, NC Synod Bishop, was the guest preacher for the anniversary celebration.