Engage the Bible is a Book of Faith Initiative of the North Carolina Synod.
In an effort to immerse people in the stories of the Bible; the stories of our faith, the synod offers opportunities for engagement with Scriptures.
Take a look at these opportunities and jump right in!
The Bible is alive, it speaks to me; it has feet, it runs after me; it has hands, it lays hold of me…The Bible is alive, it speaks to me; it has feet, it runs after me; it has hands, it lays hold of me…—Martin Luther
"TikTok Tell It!" 2023—New this year, the "Tell It!" contest moves to TikTok!
What stays the same?
- the goal: youth groups (grades 6-12) tell a Bible story in a creative way
- the deadline: Friday, February 10, 2023
- the winners: youth groups attending the 2023 LYO Assembly vote on their favorite entries
- the prizes: three youth groups win a cash prize
- the platform: TikTok instead of YouTube
- the length: all entries less than 2 minutes
Please check out the new Contest Guidelines for the details and instructions for entry.
"Tell It!" Video Archives
Back in the old days (2020!), we did "Tell It!" like this!
A Story for All Ages
Prepared by the synod's Engage the Bible Task Group to help congregational Christian education committees evaluate their programs. It provides a framework based on age-appropriate benchmarks for Bible stories and biblical concepts and can be an effective tool in fine-tuning your Christian education.