Vital congregations radiate a certain kind of vibrancy, a friendly welcoming manner, and God’s tangible presence. Members have a sense of purpose, they support one another by nurturing each other’s faith, and they identify their spiritual gifts to be used in the congregation and the world.
The synod’s Congregational Vitality Team members are committed to helping congregations by offering the following resources:
- Renewal Process: A member of the team will work with your congregation to assess readiness for renewal and will walk alongside your congregation while renewal is taking place. Get started!
- Leadership School for Mission & Renewal: Get lay leaders in your congregation connected with 9-week training courses. Learn more here.
- Bold Like Jesus conference: This annual event is for all congregations for inspiration and learning about being bold disciples for Jesus.
- Coaching: Coaching is an interactive process between a congregational leader, a coach, and the Holy Spirit. Coaching trusts that the Holy Spirit will guide, enlighten and empower the process of self-discovery, marshal the needed resources to accomplish what is desired, and empower the change to achieve the desired results. Contact our NC Synod Coaching Coordinator, the Rev. Charlie Zimmerman, to be paired with a coach or to learn more about coaching.
- Congregational Best Practices: See a list of ministries happening in vital congregations. Might one of these be right for your congregation?
- Small Congregation workshops: These workshops are occasionally-scheduled as resources to small congregations. Stay tuned here for dates/times of upcoming workshops.