Advent, Charlotte, celebrates and serves
God’s work, Our hands” at Advent, Charlotte, was a celebration of diversity and unity, and of God’s love for all.
We opened our day with a unified early worship service, and then worked on nearly 20 different projects at both our church location and off-site. By the numbers, over 200 hands of Advent served our neighbors by:
• Making 350 egg salad sandwiches for the homeless.
• Filling 123 Helping Hearts bags for members to give to those we meet who can use a meal.
• Baking 22 dozen cookies to distribute to fire departments and police stations.
• Donating over 250 rolls of toilet paper and lots of school supplies to immigrants and other residents of Charlotte at Galilee Ministries
• Preparing 63 school kits for Lutheran World Relief
• Designing 22 sets of flash cards, including seven 26-card alphabet sets, to help young readers in Charlotte area
• Writing 170 cards of encouragement
• Donating three boxes of nutritious snacks for a Title 1 school in Kannapolis
• Distributing several wagons full of hot dogs, sandwiches, snacks, water and Gatorade to the homeless in uptown Charlotte
• Painting three baskets of colorful rocks to hand out to strangers to show kindness
• Helping Niner United distribute an abundance of chocolate cookies, brownies, cake and candy to students at UNC-Charlotte
• Turning the chaos of supplies for our winter sleepover program, Room In the Inn Charlotte, into an organized closet to support the homeless
• Walking 30,000 steps into the community to pick up trash
• Caring for God’s House by trimming trees, cleaning and using our hands on property projects
• Transforming an 1,888 square foot Advent house into a Spiritual Development House for 6th graders and older
And our Health Ministry kept us hydrated and Nurture and Fellowship kept us fed!
Click on a photo to enlarge image.