We’re back for phase 2!
Program Director, Pastor John Mocko, and Program Assistant, Caroline Mocko, are excited to share some good news, “We are excited to share that Phase 2 of Faith+Finances+Freedom/The Lifeline Fund has begun!” Lily Endowment, Inc. approved a scaling grant which includes sharing the grant amount of $500,000 with four other synods in Region 9: Virginia, South Carolina, Southeastern, and Caribbean. In this phase, two components will be continued: education debt relief and congregational stewardship programs. Additional details—including the application form—will be ready soon.
Faith + Finances + Freedom/The Lifeline Fund gives thanks and announces more good news for Rostered Ministers!
How do we say “Thank you” for the gifts we have been given?
- We say thank you by sharing the $500,000 with four other synods in Region Nine who are partnering with the North Carolina Synod: Virginia Synod, South Carolina Synod, Southeastern Synod and Caribbean Synod.
- We say thank you by continuing the two most effective components of Phase One, namely, grants to relieve education debt and support of programs to develop effective stewardship in congregations.
- We say thank you by developing efforts to raise funds to match the grant from Lilly Endowment so this program will be sustained long into the future.
What does this mean for Rostered Ministers in participating synods in Region 9?
- You may apply for a grant to relieve some of your education debt! (Grant applications for education debt relief will soon be available online.)
New applicant’s requirements:
- Complete the Financial Peace University course
- Receive 3 free financial counseling sessions from a Portico or LSS Minnesota representative
- Submit proof of education loan payments for the previous 12 months
- Submit your Report to your Bishop for the current year
Previous Grant Recipients: Rostered leaders (NC) who have completed requirements and received a grant in Phase One must:
- Complete the Phase 2 application
- Submit proof of debt payments for the previous 12 months
- Submit your Report to the Bishop for the current year
- Submit an “Evaluation of Impact” report for the grants previously received
Stewardship Programs for Phase Two to be offered to congregations
- Stewardship for All Seasons (SAS)
- Creating Generous Congregations (CGC)
- “Executive Certificate for Religious Fundraising”
Information on each of these programs will be made available through your Synod’s Director for Evangelical Mission and your Synod’s Stewardship Team.
Keep checking this website for complete information describing the process from application through grant awards.
We are so thankful that the application submitted to Lilly Endowment, Inc. for Phase Two of their “2016 National Initiative to Address Economic Challenges Facing Pastoral Leaders” has been approved at the “scaling grant” level of $500,000. Thanks be to God!
For more information contact NC Pastor John Mocko, Program Director, at 336-596-4517.