Programs/Opportunities for you!
- Financial literacy programs and counselors for rostered leaders
- Financial Peace University & Good $ense courses
- Certified Personal Finance Counselors
- financial planners from Portico and LSS-MN
- Financial resources for congregations
- Pre-assembly workshops for church treasurers, committees, and councils
- First Call Theological Education and Candidacy Retreat presentations/information
- Stewardship Education (Stewardship for All Seasons) in congregations
- Financial/stewardship resources added to our synod’s library, the Heilig Resource Center
Leadership School Course
This course fulfills one of the requirements for an education debt grant from the NC Synod’s Lifeline Fund. Grantees from synods in Region 9 are invited to take this course.
“Faith +Finances + Freedom” is inspired by the Lilly Endowment 2016 National Initiative Addressing Economic Challenges Facing Pastoral Leaders. We conducted four different surveys within the NC Synod with 593 responses from rostered leaders and their spouses, congregation financial secretaries/treasurers and our retirement services provider, Portico. Our research revealed high debt loads, low savings, and poor financial literacy, complicated by the decreased capacity of some congregations to provide adequate compensation for rostered leaders. (more…)
The Lifeline Fund
“What impacts the quality of ministry? Financial insecurity and lack of financial literacy. This program is about relieving economic stress and offering a path to financial freedom for our rostered leaders. We call it ‘3 Ways to Win!’ Supporting healthy leaders who will build vital congregations leading to flourishing communities.“